Wouldn’t it be great to have some garlic bread easy to make that happens to be low carb and gluten-free, with a crispy texture on the outside, and soft on the inside?
This recipe is a total stand-out. It can be served as an appetizer, a snack, or even as a side dish.
Since I’ve started adopting a ketogenic lifestyle these last three months, I’ve been looking for new recipes that are keto-friendly and easy to make.
Let me be honest with you; I was never into cooking, nor did I love to cook cause I didn’t find a reason to, I had accepted the fact that I didn’t know how to cook.
For me, cooking was only made for people who are skilled like mom, and she already is the one who does all the cooking. Watching her making my favorite dishes as a child was like watching the creation of a miracle, something that I couldn’t imagine myself making. To me, it was very hard to make so why bother?
But starting a ketogenic diet changed everything! I’ve become so passionate about cooking and finding new recipes and discovering new flavors. And I just discovered that cooking wasn’t so hard as I imagined. Actually, you can just use simple ingredients and make a really tasty dish. I still don’t master it completely, though, and I would describe myself as a lazy cook.
I wanted to create easy recipes using common ingredients you’ll find in your kitchen. Using my acquired knowledge as a nutritionist graduate, I like to make them low carb and keto-friendly, but also to maintain tastiness!
So, if you’re into low carb or keto diets, and you’re no longer allowed to eat things that you used to, or maybe just want to make an easy keto-friendly recipe, this is for you.
Why this recipe is a must-have?
- It’s so easy to make (it only takes 5 min to put it together)
- It tastes just like normal garlic bread but without all those carbs (!)
This garlicky, cheesy, and buttery keto bread will blow your mind with its rich flavor and delicious taste.
And did you know that the secret ingredient of a low carb bread is a good amount of cheese?
Here are the ingredients that you need:
-1,5 cup grated mozzarella cheese
-1 cup almond flour
-2 tablespoons cream cheese
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder (You can also use fresh minced garlic)
-1 large egg
-A pinch of salt
For the topping :
-2 tablespoon Melted butter or/and olive oil
-1 teaspoon parsley
-2 cloves of garlic (chopped / minced)
-1 teaspoon of oregano
How to prepare your garlic bread:
- Combine the dry ingredients (Almond flour + baking powder + onion powder) with the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe dish.
- After 1 minute in the microwave remove the dough, add a large egg and give it a good mix. Make sure that your dough has a sticky texture. That melted mozzarella will bind all of the ingredients together.
- Place the dough on a parchment paper, and press it into whatever shape you want
- In a bowl, mix the butter or oil, add in some fresh chopped parsley, oregano and minced garlic and, last but not least, the parmesan (you can add any cheese you like). Whisk together until everything is well-combined
- Pour the mixture on top of the bread, spread it to all sides until all the loaf is covered, preferably using the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 200 C/ 400 F for about 15 to 20 min
- Watch closely and check on it after 15min. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of the bred. So make sure it’s gold-brown on the outside and that a toothpick comes back clean from the inside.
- Leave it to rest for a few minutes to settle. You can freely slice into it after that. You can serve it with any dipping (my choice is generally Marinara sauce)
- Enjoy it!
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving:
- Total Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Sodium: 420 mg
- Potassium: 67 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein:12 g